Our Brick n Mortar Store

Saturday, May 9, 2009

my lil' flutterbugs' turning 3 ...

My lil' girl Sarah's turning 3 years old on the 15 th May ... and I have had a ball in designing her birthday invites ... no the image you see is not a gift but the invite ...
... the story behind this card is ... I wanted a handmade card ... ( I do this each year) and something special ... what ever it may turn out to be ... it'll be a special something, I love doing for the lil' babe in my life ...

I found the image of this really cute butterfly ...on the net and found the lavender handmade paper at the local stationary store ...

... here started the challenge ... I couldn't find an envelope to go with the card... (uh! Navi Mumbai has a lot to catch up with neighbouring Mumbai) ...
... so the card got wrappped in see through cellophane paper ... with these lavender satin ribbons and a lil' card with the name of the guest ...

... Sarah , my lil' one gets excited at just about anything mommy does for her ... who minds if that ... "OOOOooooouuuu .... I love you mama " ... is very obviously and visibly exaggerated ...
and yes ofcourse ... which lil' girl doesn't like ribbons and bows ... this 33 yr ol' is still freaking out having fun with them ... ;)
... now all I pray for is for my babe to get over her viral ... :( and get on with all the built up excitement for the special day ... as for my excitement ... well I couldn't wait to share this lil' project of mine with all my readers :) ...

19 comments:

the latin sardar said...

Wow!! she's not much younger than me. she turns 3 on the 15th, excellent! taurean!!!
And while some people may argue that I turn 27 on the 11th, I would love to contest that and say that I'm only really turning 7 coz I definitely don't act like anything older than that.

Doodleduck said...

Wishing ur Lil' one a very Happy Birthday! Hope both of u have loads of fun on her special day and the butterfly cards are lovely
:)

Rajee Sood said...

Paji
what should I say you leave me speechless ... :)
A very Happy B'day in advance .
Now I only wonder which formula of calculating the no. of candles do you follow ... ??? :)

Rajee Sood said...

Thanks doodle duck,
I hope for her to get well soon .. and really enjoy herself ... thanks for all the wishes ...

Sunita Mohan said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous!! G-O-R-GEOUS !!!
I love the whole idea, cards, cellophane an' all. Can you make out that I really like your cards? ;)
Have fun! and I'm sure Sarah is going to be fine and flitting around just like the b'fly on her cards.
p.s. I really would've thought that was the gift if you hadnt told me.

the latin sardar said...

heh heh!! Thanks for the wishes. Since I'm some kind of an engineer from DU, I prefer to put some of that engineering education to good use. I use a single bulb and increase the wattage every year. This year, I'll use that same old bulb and increase the wattage to 27 watts.

A very happy b'day to your little one in advance. I may be out with a couple of cousins on a tiny getaway somewhere in the hills maybe, so registering my wishes in advance.

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous invitations! Wishing your baby a very Happy Birthday in advance and wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day!

trueblue said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL !! Both the card and the thoughts behind it!

Happy Birthday to lil Sarah.. and Happy Mothers Day to her MOM !

-Aswathy

Rajee Sood said...

Paji,
Here;s a public safetey announcement ... People ... lets make sure our dear Engineer here is never involved in design and construction of... bridges... flyovers ... or skyscrapers ...lets all make sure he sticks to ANIMATION ... ;)
And Paji... your wishes have been loggeg in ... now go ahead and have a fabulous b'ady ...not all of us get to celebrate our 7th b'day again and again.

P.S Lets keep DU out of this ... they'll sue you for defamation :)

Rajee Sood said...

Hi Aditi,
Thanks a ton for all the goody-goody wishes and hope you to had a great mommies day ...
I am also hoping that now with te summer break on ... hopefully after the B'day bash ... I'll get a lil' relief to catch up on my blogging and my blogging friends ... :)

Rajee Sood said...

Aswathy,
thanks a ton :)... Sarah's sure to get in her giggles and gurggles mood anytime soon ... And Happy mommies day to you too.

Rajee Sood said...

Sunita,:)
I did figure you kinda liked them ... thanks and am I glad ... I had a ball doing them.
If only that lil' brat of mine rests ... but yeah ... she's getting better. :)

the latin sardar said...

LOL!! Don't worry, I believe they made me a software engg only. I'm not going to design any bridges etc any time in this century.

Btw, Happy Mother's Day!

Rajee Sood said...

:) ... Phew ... we are safe people ... its just going to be swinging bridges in animation ...

Thanks for the mommy day wishes brother ... did you get you mommy ton loads of flowers ... ammmm... :)

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

What lovely cards!

Yes, I made loads of them when Mallika was little:-)

Now I just don't have the patience;-)

Hope your little one is feeling better:-)
Belated Wishes!

Arch

Rajee Sood said...

Hi Arch,
:) I know ... I am quite touching the breaking point myself...
And well I do admit it is soooo much fun ... will post more of the fun we had... and thank God lil' one recovered in time ...Phew!
Thanks for all the compliments and your loving concern.I'll sure let Sarah know.

Unknown said...

very simple and sweet I must say you are very creative + innovative ....

Rajee Sood said...

Hi Shruti,
Its beautiful to hear from you on my blog ... thankyou for the lovely compliments ... hope to hear from you more often ... :)

s said...

You have an outstanding blog great photos inspiring ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails