Our Brick n Mortar Store

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Upholstery redo ... a fav. project... part I

 I hope you remember this picture ... from a few posts ago. Yes, I was dreaming in some mighty bold and bright colors ...

 Courtesy my lil' puppy ... the accent chairs were in need of some desperate redo .... :))

 So the Kantha textiles, that I work with a lot these days ... I decided to use them for this upholstery project... :)


It all started with this table here ... and sure enough I managed to pile loads of reds ... oranges ... hot pinks  ... :)))) ... it was a drool-drool moment ... its quite something ... going through piles and piles of textiles and be spoilt rotten for choice ... Ah! the luxuries of living in India ... ;)))

Here are a few of the final selections ... wee-heee ... no sir ... no one color ... but I got a whole load of happy-happy family ... :))

 Last month, we undertook this lovey project ... the upholsterers arrived like one grand army ... and suddenly it was all ... well almost ... bloody murder on my drawing room floor ... oh! yes ... don't miss my fern back dining chairs ... we got them some fresh look too ( now don't you love my sweetiepie puppy Sofiee) ... all the lovely projects are her blessing ...

 ... of course, sneaking behind all the chairs and all the mess ... my lil' brat of a Labrador ... kept wondering why these guys get to have so much fun ripping up all the chairs and mom seems quite o.k with it all too ... ;)) ... while she got a spanking of a life time ... :))))))))))))))))))))))))

 the pink foam ... woah! that was so  .... aaah! ... come on guys cover up ...


A pink arm rest ... orange seat ... hot pink on the other one of the pair ... love ...  love  ... love ...  and since I plan to redo the sofa in all white or cream ... these fellas are a real pop of color in the house ...
I hope I have you all excited enough to look forward to the post coming soon on what the final look turned out ... 
And please feel free to drop by and leave me your comments ... its always a pleasure to hear from my readers ... :))

3 comments:

Shilpa said...

Poor little sofie...she would have had a blast taking over that job :).....the upholstery looks fab ,can't wait to see it pair with the cream sofa!! Lovely post as always :)

Sarmistha said...

Gorgeous colors , Rajee :) I am a total fan of Fuschia and Orange ...

Sangeetha said...

lovely redo but i loved the green one too :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails