Our Brick n Mortar Store

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Rendezvous - India Art Fair 2020 ... :)


 I was glad to have made it to the India Art Fair and give a slip to the frenzy that is the weekends. It surely felt more relaxed to take in all the art work and admire the ones I liked ... for the simple fact that I liked them for my personal reasons ... good point, I realize 'cause we are talking about art, here ... right?
Like the pieces in the image above ... the earthy colours sure appeal  ... but did love that feel of watching it through a fog and mist. It instantly reminded me ... that I have been wanting to do giant water colours for the longest no. of years and of course that statuesque doesn't look like is going to change anytime soon ... ;) ... but well I found my connection to this art piece.




 Walking the aisle's ... I can't help take in all the details that they put in the display's ... being an exhibition space designer ...I know, it looks fabulous all done ... but its a whole different ball game when you start with a blank canvas.
every designer gets asked a lot ... 'I just can't visualize, art on my walls and so I am very scared to venture into buying an expensive piece' ... oh ! these venues are just the right place to start with your inspirations and also to put an end to any doubts about the place of art in your life and on your walls.


... my daughter 's first question at looking at this image was ... 'sooo ... are those benches there as an art piece or are they there for what they are supposed to be for ...' :)) ...  figure that darling, that all the reason we love art ... its an art show ... that's how lovely life in an art world is ... find your expression and reason and logic ... that is if at all you feel a feed for that last bit. 

 ...love the art  ... but then the display can do a lot of talking too ... or put an end to it ... if you know what I mean, when you stopped at a artpiece or walked pass one ...

 that woman isn't me ... but I was just as intrigued ... ;) ... pretty sure I was in many a shots clicked ... pouring over the details of this particular painting ...

'I am a citizen of that ruined place' ... installation art in porcelain by artist Shaurya Kumar ... I was not sure how to respond to the irony of those words ... suddenly overwhelmed by the thoughts in my own heart ... the reality of my current times ... :( and lets just leave it at that ... 
But Shaurya Kumar ... they do say an artist is always ahead of his time ... :( ... you got us all ...





Not ashamed, at all to say ... some pieces just call me ... 'cause the colours just do that charming number on me ... after all isn't it about that relationship between me an art ... well ! there ... if colours get me ... that is my reason to love ... :) 
Judge me  ... ;) ... sure by all means ... :))

 And then starts the romance with the old masters ... a picture cannot justify the way the details of the works ... and ... those are what are making me crush over so many masterpieces here this year ...


 Kshendranath Majumdar's, Krishna ... another heart stealing moment ... I love the resemblance of his work with Chugtai's. But I am in love ... almost fantasizing the idea of an art heist ... :)) ... glad its just a romanticized idea in my head ... in reality I 'd be singing looney tunes ... what with all the overwhelming lot of pieces I lost my heart to this Saturday.

 Ramachandran's works ... always the kind that stop you in your step, until you give it a once over ... the green skin tone of his protagonist and the signature parrot ... yes it is a Ramachandran. A bad picture of a gorgeous  work ... my bad ladies and gentleman... ;)



 Laxma Goud ... another of my fav. artist ... the glare of the over head lights is a really bad excuse I will use to not having been able to get better shots of his works ...





 Manjit Bawa ... this collection of his sketches ... is all that one can ask for ...  to have in your life, a minimalistic Indian Art. My personal preference over the paintings ... :)


oh ! was I fantasizing an art heist, :)) ... silly fantasies ... I tell you  ... telling me in my head, how these classic pieces of unknown artists sure add into list of pieces I'd bag ... ;) 
I was recently invited by one of our customer's to come view this couple's personal collection of Indian art and a painting of Noorjahan ... had me ... I mean it really had me floored ... and after that to see these stunning works with all the detailing ... :) ... one sure feels proud of our art legacy and envy of the one who'd own such precious pieces of Indian art history.

 One of those pieces that garners long drawn conversations with many who throw at us how ... their little one can do it too ... infact, I hit upon just the right book at the book shop... 'about how your 4yr. old can't do it ... :) ... yes ... they can't ... Modern pieces of art ... I am available for a serious conversation on that ... at our store ... if ever you feel you cannot figure why they don't deserve the credit that they get.
To every abstract artist out there ... hats off to you all ... and RESPECT ...


 Coming back to the legends ... for me ... it was nice as I walked through the Art Show ... to find pieces that put an art in front of some of the names we grew up with ... :) ...









This one too, I can bag and take home ... :) ... ok, so not all pichwai cut it for me ... the architectural ones sure allure me ... but pieces like this in black fabric, painted with natural pigments ... it sure sails my boat.
On that art heist front ... do they bag their pieces or carton them ... do they get porters before hand or muscle power it themselves ... wee ... the more I think of it ... more it looks physical challenge could be  stumbling block ... more then anything else ... ;))

 Overall, I loved the show ... some lovely books in the book shop ... great coffee ... and I say Saturday was a shooting success ... Oh! wait  ... we did make it to inauguration of Kingston's solo show at India Habitat ... :)) ... well ! lets just take that up in our next post should we ... I got a few pieces bleeding my heart there too ... ;)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails