Our Brick n Mortar Store

Monday, February 4, 2013

Classic ... collectibles at Rajee Sood


Recently, a few priviledged customers got a a sneak peak at our collectible jewellery selections.
 
 ... I completely fell in love with these pieces ... after a lot of thinking I did decide to add them to our collections ... and I am sure a lot of you saw me sporting the exact same hasli ( in the back ground)at the second day of my show ...  :)
They are definitely for collectors ... made in ... what is called the gillit in Hindi, I am looking forward to finding out more about this alloy that the tribals use to make their jewellery.In general ref.it is called white metal ... but gillit,is an alloy made by melting what ever the tribal craftsmen may be able to source ... including coins and scraps ... I love the patina ... if you are an aficionado of all things art ... this is for your falling in love with  ... :)
I am all for the romance of the story behind the pieces ... calling them white metal ... :( ... does no justice to the remarkable craftsmenship.
Hope you all enjoyed them too ... :)

For all enquiries please e-mail us at ... rajeesoodhome(at)gmail(dot)com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails