Our Brick n Mortar Store

Monday, August 19, 2013

Green indoors ... :)


 Its quite spectacular what flowers do to any room ... bringing the greens indoors in a vase is just as awesome.

So every pruning season ... I hit a jackpot load of greens for all my rooms ... :) ... honestly, I just love the ... bringing the outdoors in feeling.

 While not all greens may do so well in water ... some like the apricot cuttings ... here do amazingly well ... they of course love some fresh water every other day. The alocacia (elephant ears) ... ficus cuttings ... even the cuttings of the glory flowers( cleodendrums) with their bright red flowers survive a good while inside.


 For a quick fix ... we all have the common plam at home in the pots ... well in water ... in a plain glass jar ... it looks just beautiful. Ok ... do excuse the unprepared look of my home ... while my girls are snoozing in the afternoon ... the curtains still need to be hung after a cleaning spree and the cushion covers ... but the greens make me happy ... so never mind the mess ... a home with green is just wonderful.

  ... I do end up using my greens, a lot ... cause in a weather like ours ... the heat ... and mugginess ... flowers do wilt  ... even before you are ready to let them go. And that is not a happy feeling ...

 I figured for those months ... greens indoors  ... is quite fun ... :) ... no matter the size of arrangement you plan with them ... a few sprigs in a glass ... or a great big jar/vase.

Incase, you want to see more on leaves in vases  ... do drop by our pinterest board here and see a few of the pictures that are inspiring me ... :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails