Our Brick n Mortar Store

Monday, September 1, 2014

A home in Karachi ... :)

 Yes, I am aware I do have a lot of love pouring in from across the border and it thrills me to bits ... and a message like this has me in a pot pouri of feelings ... emotional ... nostalgic ... loved ... thrilled. Nostalgic, bit being more than anything else ... gosh! getting off track here ... ;))
So, here's getting to know Simi and falling in love with her home ...

Hi Rajee :) I am a regular reader of your blog and a gr8 fan of you. I was delighted when I read about sharing pictures of our homes. A lil' introduction of me ... I am a Pakistani fan of you , living in Karachi, my name is Simi. This is my home tour:)
As I mentioned ... I was super excited to share some of the homes that are beautiful but couldn't be part of the contest because of geo-political  reasons ...* grin* ... ;)) So here's Simi's home in Karachi ... :)
 
Not to difficult to fig. why I love this home ... ;) ... 'cause it is a home collected and created ... :))
 

 Simi ... I am in love with that orange table runner of yours ... ;)) ... (Simi mention's that it is a Sindi Rili work ) ... aaah ! on my 'I want list' ... ;) ... I can well imagine all my collector readers are going .... WOW! ... I want that too ... yep ! thanks Simi ... you are sending us all immediately to Google ;) ... I like to pinterest too these days ... :))




 ... that's one of her wing back sofa's upholstered in textile from Sind ... am I intrigued ... in love ... :)
 Don't miss her colourful lounge  ... I can't believe she still has potential to fill it up with so many more books ... :( ... 'J' ... Simi ... simply 'J' of you ...
;)
 I look at her staircase and with all the details she shared about her collected pieces ... my mind goes ... and that kilim ... tell me about that ... Simi ...???
 As Simi shared ... " An antique cupboard which belonged to my great grand father who lived in Kanpur. But thanks to my grand father who managed to bring this beautiful piece from Kanpur to Karachi :)"   ... WOW ! ...
 
 ...a powder room with Mohammadi tiles which Simi, bought from a century old house which belonged to a Hindu merchant who migrated to India at the time of partition ...

A reading corner with the Swati Kilim foot stool..  wow ! now I am very curious to find out what is the swati kilim ... :) ... does it have some thing to do with Swat Valley ... ???
That's that folks ... loved it ... drooled over it ... and got many more add ons to our 'I want' list ... :))
Hope you all enjoyed it too ... wow! house calling at Karachi was fun ... will sure look forward to more. Simi, thank you so much ... you really have an amazing home and collections and ofcourse, not to forget you are a great sport to share your home with us ... much love ... from Me and all my readers ... :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely,lovely home Simi. It's a collector's home for sure. Love every single corner. Thanks for this peek into her home Rajee :)

Sangitha Aanand said...

Lovely home!

Rajee thanks a ton for sharing.

Veeru Kushwaha said...

Looking awesome home

Aalayam Inspiration said...

That's beautiful!

~deepa

Miggy said...

Lovely home simi..our rich design heritage is surely common with our neighbours in Pakistan..

Related Posts with Thumbnails