Our Brick n Mortar Store

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Our Contest ends ... annnnnd ... the winner is ... :))

Tell me that yellow doesn't pop your mouth open or that you aren't lifting your jaw off the floor ... ;) Mine did too ... well! it was supposed to be a simple contest about us talking about the colours in our homes. But it has turned out to be anything ... but ... as simple as that ... :))
I received a peek-a-boo collections from many of your homes and as I sat down reading through ... I realised I had also received these pictures from Bennita about her home.
Put me in a fix there and then ... why ... well ! for all those who may be new to my blog ... here is why ... :))
I stayed at her place a couple of years ago ... and came back and wrote about her home ... :)
But just because she has already been on the blog doesn't mean she couldn't be on the contest ( unfair to her) ... but it doesn't stop there ... I have gone over all the entries at least three times again ... at the nth hour. I had to be sure of my decision ... :)
 I am ... and ... I do, find her pictures very beautiful. Her home in colours is definitely a winning entry. For all the points we were talking about and all the reasons we decided to have this contest ... I  feel she has done a wonderful job. And have to give her that credit. On all fair grounds, I do pick her entry as a winner.
 
Do read the lines she penned down to me ...
 
 "Arco Iris" means "Rainbow" in Spanish and Portuguese and hence we are literally living in a rainbow of colours.  
Arco Iris, our home for the last 5 years, is a 200+ year old Heritage Portuguese style villa in South Goa, which was unused for 40 years and was restored by us over a period of 3 years.  My daughter, Trusha, who was 4 years at the time, took one look at the ruin that the house was in then, and said it looked like "A Rainbow City".  Out of the mouth of babes..........We decided to name our home " Arco Iris" and our bedrooms (7 in all) the colours of the rainbow.  Hence, we have the Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red rooms.

Arco Iris is very much a labour of love as it took us 3 years to restore the house with much of the associated problems of contractors and labour.  Once the structural changes were taken care of, the rest of the restoration was carried out by us with the help of extremely passionate labour.  The interiors have been done by us on our own and are the result of my husband Ganesh's and my love for colour and art.

Happy to submit pics of our home for the " And....My Life in Colours contest" as I am a big fan of yours and your impeccable taste!!














Bennita ... thanks for being such a sport and joining in for our contest. And ofcourse ... Congrats, this contest is yours for the taking ...:)) ... I think you and Ganesh have done a fab job.
In the same breathe I want to say ... I also got entries from outside India but since Good Homes insists this is to be within India thingie ...;(( ... I am going to do the next thing on my mind ... and .... that is share with you a few of my fav. ones.
Hope you enjoyed our winners home. For all of you all, who send in their entries ... thank you so much for being a sport. I am thrilled to see how much more we Indians are dabbling in colours and how good we are getting at that.
Hope you are looking forward to seeing some of my other fav. entries.

SOON.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful! I was talking to them about a home tour, and now, their home tour is up here! :) - Lovely, lovely Goan home! I have to go visit them during my next trip to Goa!

Nayana said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails