Our Brick n Mortar Store

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

And ... My Life in Colours ... :)

As we dig deeper into what gets us falling in love with which colour for our home ... I must add there is no one reason or logic ... we can all come up with our own reasons ... logic and justify it ... :)
Over the years in the few homes that I have been ... in and out of ... I realise I have lived with a whole diff. spectrum of colours ... the only thing that remained consistent ... :) ... were the things that I have collected over the years ...
 
... and these pieces have fit right in ... with the colors ... ofcourse ... my curtains have changed ... the upholstery has been redone ...

... but the funny part is I don't quiet know what makes me use the colour I use in the next home I move into ... I had a hot red wall in the dinning of the house above ... sorry,  just can't dig it up from the old files ... but in this beige home, I loved the tone on tone effect of the walls with the sofa ... and the gilded frames and mirror added the bling I used to love (sorry this is not the best picture... I could have done better, but I wasn't into blogging then)

... I would never have quite done this butter colour myself ... what with having lived in enough Army homes with that being the standard colour. But I had no choice in this temporary home ... ;))
 
... and of course when I moved into my current home ... I asked to be given bare white walls to work on them, over time ... :)) ...
 
... it used to be funny when the family asked what was brewing in my head about the colour that was going to go on the walls ...:)))))))))))))))))))))
 
Lol ... :)) ... guess what ... contrary to what you may think ... the family was really thrilled ... even loads of my friends have gotten over thinking of their walls being some monster to be played safe with ... and that in turn makes me happy ... happy ... and never mind that in the Diwali Special issue of Better Homes we could not make it to the cover ... cause you know Black and Diwali ... is a simple no ... no ...
 
... but the dear black wall made a great story inside that issue ... :)) if you remember.
So, I can't say I have used my fav. colours on the walls ... but yes, the walls and the home ... the light coming in ... there is a whole bundle load of things that make that colour just want to flow on your walls.

P.S - We are enjoying the homes we are getting to see as many of you share your homes ... duh! if you have no clue what I am talking about .... you probably missed hearing about the contest we have going on ... right here ... or scroll down to the last post ... :)

1 comment:

Viyoma said...

Beautiful... The taste of decor is elegantly done.
During my school years, most of our immediate family friends were from Interior Designers. My taste and love for furnishing started since then...

Related Posts with Thumbnails