Our Brick n Mortar Store

Monday, February 16, 2015

Here is where I am ... ;)


There are quite a few reasons I am missing from the regular heavy duty action, here on the blog ... guess on a sunnier day (my batteries are solar charged) ... ;)) ... I might have it in me to share more ... but in the mean while I know so many of you are mad at me for being M. I. A ... have to say I love all those calls and messages wondering where I am  ...
Here is where I am at the Delhi Blue's Pottery Studio ... training in pottery and tackling clay which has been a freaky NO-GO- Creative medium for me.
Drying on the window sill are a few of the pinch pottery technique pieces I attempted ... don't miss the first one on the left ... my very first introduction with clay ... falling to pieces already ... :)))
 
 ... the lil' tweety bird lid makes it to the kiln firing ... but my maiden attempt at sculpture ...will not be making it to the firing stage ... lets just say...biiiiig learning curve... ;) ... though, I am in love with the thought of seriously taking up being a sculptor ... :))))


Meet Bablu, the most creative help around the studio, he is a learn on the job kind of artist ... and surprisingly, at the studio ... no one can seem to function without him ... his opinions about all issues come very subtly and softly ... never interfering with the teachers ... you'd be as floored by his creativity as I was ... seeing some of the pieces he creates during low time at the studio.
so when he offers to tech you loading the kiln for firing ... :)) you pack up all else and listen and learn ... :))))

... scary part ... handling all the work ... (not mine) ... knowing all the love that went into making it by the artists  and the anticipation of how it'll turn out  ... will see the real results when I head over to the studio tomorrow...


:)) ... ah! yes ... these two lil' birdies (mine) lets see if they make it through the first round of firing ... :) ... I had a third birdie too ... looks like he flew away under mysterious circumstances ... ;) ... :((
I am learning ... channelizing my creative energy ... the internal topsy-turvy thingies are figuring themselves out ... ;))
But most of all THE SPRING is here ... :)))))))))))))))))))
Its flowers all around ... my gardens shooting new life ... my camera is staring at me ... all the ideas are beginning to make me feel guilty ... soooooo ...  I guess, lets get back to business ... and I hope to come back with many posts that you'll all enjoy and be inspired ... :)))
Thankyou for the patience ... thankyou once again for checking in on me ... :)

1 comment:

WeekendTweaks said...

Rajee, Glad to see you back. Your work on the window sill are lovely. I even like your sculpture...:-). Looking forward to seeing more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails