Our Brick n Mortar Store

Monday, March 2, 2015

Oh! that thing about ... coffee table styling ... :) ... part -1

... as I was going through my pictures of all the shoots I've done in the last 7yrs of blogging ... the ones I love the most are usually around the coffee table. The one above is what my coffee table looks like these days ... :)
Got me thinking ... oh ! yeah...  always looooved styling the coffee table. We all fig. out what we want with that piece of furniture that stands right in the middle of our drawing room. Some want it matching with the rest of the room furniture ... for some of us, its a love for a statement piece as our coffee table ... some of us like it bare ... and ... some of us (read me) ... loooove to have all that is so current in our lives ... our newest reads ... freshest flowers ... curio, that has my attention at the moment ... our latest collections of  itsy-bitsy thingies  ... gosh Sarah and I even love to see our latest rocks in a bowl at times ... :)
When my coffee table looks dull and boring ... its a constant nagging reminder to perk up ... pull up my socks and freshen it all up ... I feel it tends to radiate in my life too ... :))
So yup its not just my shoes ... my hair ... my car that reflect me ... hell ! even the coffee table says hello here is whats up with Rajee ... ;) Lol !

... my very first coffee table in my first home in San Francisco ... don't have too many pictures of all that I tried on it ... but oh! yeah ... it had to be some thing as in ... SOME THING ... even though it was being put together on a  ... no budget. Three African pots and a glass top from Pier 1 imports ... and I cherished it as a precious possession.
Styling a round table ... :) ... I can go on and on about it in circles ... ;) There are days you have the zing in you to try finding the symmetry ... the balance ... the focal point ... and days ... you go .. ' damn, it looks good so let it be' ... :))
Have a peek into the pictures from my archives ... of all the styling that has happened around that precious table in our home ... over the years ... ah! even the tables keep changing and now, I may be looking to change this one  ... ;)



... guess, we all define the status of our coffee table ... there is no two ways about what it is for and what you should do with it ... its yours and you fig. it out ... but one thing is for sure ... many a conversations do start from there ... :))
This monday morning ... just figured I'd stir up some of your thoughts ... would love to hear what you do with your's ... leave me a message ... e-mails... or find us on fb and feel free to comment there ... always love to hear your views ... this is part one of this series on coffee tables ... more eye candy from the archives in the next one ... :)

And while we are in the mood for talking and styling the coffee table ... drop by at our pinterest page and see all the inspirational pictures in my Coffee Table Styling, folder ... right, here.

1 comment:

Swati Batra said...

Amazing styles.
Inspired.

Related Posts with Thumbnails