Our Brick n Mortar Store

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Collecting ... Pottery ... :)

As an Interior Designer, I can state this as a fact and most probably you've heard this a thousand times. Its those little things we collect in our lives ... that really make our homes ... ' our home ' ... and do those things really have to make practical sense all the while ... :)) ... I for one will surely scream ...nay !!!
Sooo .. when I hear people ask ... at fairs and markets or an artist's show ... "so what do we do with it" ... " so what is it's use " ... :(( ... and then I am completely dumb struck by those who will very audaciously throw it at the artist's face ... " so what's the point of making something that has no use " ... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ! ... Yeah ... oky ... if you hear that sound some where ... its probably me or my kind ... ;))
 But if you are a collector ... you know what I am talking about ... come on ... its about an artistic expression ... an artist's expression ... and it is about feeling a connect with that.

... last Potter's market at Anandgram ... while I was sitting at one of my artist friends stall, I experienced first hand ...  an interesting array of people ... and yes ...got to hear all of the above comments too ... :)) But lets talk about those who are oozing passion ... they walk up ... pick up a piece ... and then there is that "I love what I see " look and you know that person may or may not be practical ... may or may not be judgemental ... but surely is a collector in touch with his passionate self.
If you relate to what the artists feelings were behind his creation ... wow ... that would be a bonus... ;)

 ...  so as I am falling in love with works of some of the pottery artists ... I am a complete novice to this ... but one thing I know is ... the reason I'd collect a piece is cause I just love it ... but then also since I do happen to know some of these artists personally ... love them ... love their style of working ... yes, I'd love to own something they created.
Hope to lead you more into this beautiful world  ... and also share the works of some very talented potters of our country ... :))
Till then ... happy time collecting ... ;)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This are the awesome house interior designing things. i really want to this wooden stuff for my living room. thanks for sharing

Related Posts with Thumbnails